With spring upon us, we felt like toasting the new season with something inspired by the favors of the springtime! This Vanilla Lavender Cold Brew Latte is super easy to make and has a sweet, herbal flavor that is super refreshing.
Vanilla Lavender Cold Brew Latte
VANILLA LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender (found in the spice aisle of your grocery)
- 1 vanilla bean split in half
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cold brew
- 4 ounces milk (any favorite go-to milk works)
- 2 tablespoons lavender vanilla syrup
- Sprig of fresh lavender
- Whipped cream or frothed milk
- Make a batch of Cold Brew Coffee using your Vinci Express Cold Brew.
- In a saucepan over medium-low temp, whisk together sugar, water, and lavender. Add vanilla bean and whisk slowly until sugar dissolves.
- At a low simmer, allow the mixture to cook for 1 minute, being careful sugar does not burn. Turn off the heat and set the saucepan aside. Let it steep and cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain the mixture to remove the lavender and vanilla bean. Stir in the vanilla extract to syrup.
- Fill a large glass with ice. Add the cold brew, milk, and syrup and stir together well. Garnish with a sprig of fresh lavender and whipped cream or frothed milk.
Tip: Store the extra simple syrup in a covered jar in the refrigerator until ready to make another latte.