We love the extra zing freshly juiced citrus adds to recipes. These Citrus Marinated Grilled Shrimp are an easy everyday recipe that makes you feel like you are indulging! They are also great as a party appetizer. The combination of orange and lemon juices are the perfect balance of sweet and tangy.
Use the Vinci Hands Free Citrus Juicer to make quick work juicing citrus for your favorite recipes.
Citrus Marinated Grilled Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails on
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped flat Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced finely
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Wooden skewer sticks
- 2 tablespoons flat Italian parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges or rounds
- Spread the shrimp in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Refrigerate uncovered for 2 hours to air-dry; this allows the marinade to penetrate the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients. Add in the shrimp and toss to cover in marinade fully. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Soak wooden skewers in water for about 10 minutes to prevent charring.
- Light a grill. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, season with salt and pepper. Place 5-6 shrimp per wooden skewer.
- Grill or cook the shrimp over moderately high heat, turning once, until just white throughout, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.