We love, love, love a good lemon bar. They have the perfect combination of sweet and tangy with a medley of textures from the creamy middle and crunchy crust. This is one of our favorite recipes for lemon bars.
Tip* Use your Vinci Hands Free Citrus Juicer to make quick work of juicing those lemons!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Line the bottom and sides of a glass 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper, allowing the parchment paper to overhang over the top of the pan for easy removal later.
- Prepare the crust: mix the melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the flour and combine thoroughly. Press dough firmly into prepared pan, making sure the layer of crust is nice and even. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the edges of crust are lightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- Make the filling: Sift the sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Add the eggs and lemon juice and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour filling over warm crust. Bake the bars for 22-26 minutes or until the center is set. Remove pan from the oven and cool at room temperature on the counter for at least 3 hours, then for an additional 3 in the refrigerator.
- To serve, lift the parchment paper out of the pan using the overhang on the sides. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and cut into squares: cover and store leftover lemon bars in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.