Raise your hand if you remember those orange creamsicles from summer days of your youth—tangy, delicious orange juice mixed with creamy vanilla ice cream and frozen to perfection for the iconic summertime sweet treat!
We love recreating this nostalgic recipe at home with fresh-pressed orange juice using the Vinci Hands Free Citrus Juicer.
Making these homemade orange creamsicle popsicles is about as easy as it can be. All you need is 4 ingredients, a Vinci Hands Free Citrus Juicer, and a 10-count popsicle mold. These delicious vitamin C packed popsicles will satisfy your sweet tooth.
Homemade Orange Creamsicles
- 4-5 fresh oranges to yield 1 1/3 cups fresh orange juice
- 6-ounces orange yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 14-ounce container vanilla ice cream (1 1/2 cups) softened
- Use your Vinci Hands Free Juicer to juice oranges to yield 1 1/3 cups juice. Place juice in bowl and chill until ready to make the recipe.
- 20 minutes before starting recipe place ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly.
- In the meantime, add yogurt and honey to orange juice, and whisk together until combined.
- Working quickly, spoon equal parts ice cream in each popsicle mold.
- Slowly pour the orange juice mixture into each mold, filling to the top. Some will stay on top, some may fill in gaps under ice cream.
- Place into freezer and allow to slightly harden for 1 hour. Working quickly, place one stick into each partially frozen popsicle. Return to freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Follow popsicle mold instructions for removal.
Enjoy! Vinci Housewares